At a glance
1400. DJ SoCalled, Farm-to-Table Market, and Carnival Funfair
Concert by 2x Juno-nominated DJ Socalled – DJ mixing, hip hop, klezmer, accordion, piano, magic tricks, and more.
Farm-to-table market. Guests arrive to shop for picnic side dishes from local farms and shops at the market – fine cheeses, breads, sausages, chutneys, cupcakes and desserts, and other goodies. Fromagerie Montebello, Seed to Sausage, Art Is In Bakery, Bees Gees Honey, Hall’s Orchard, and Thimble Cakes will be among our amazing vendors!
Parkour acrobatic demo – See Ottawa’s finest freerunners jumping, climbing, swinging, and vaulting off the sides of surfaces, all propelled by the human body – an urban and edgy athletic show.
Funfair carnival games. Try your hand at carnival games of skill at the adjacent Funfair! Plan to be feted by Cirque ventriloquist Corey Tomimic, face-painters, acrobats, and surprises!
- 50/50 Draw. Enter a 50/50 draw to be the big winner!
1500. Setup Picnic Tables
Groups should arrive no later than 330pm to ensure their tables are fully decorated and ready for picnic Start.
Farm-to-table market will remain open for buying local food add-ons to your picnic feast.
1630. Official picnic start
1840 Fashion Show.
1920 Celebration of Light.
- Participate in the spectacle of 1,000+ guests simultaneously lighting up sparklers and celebrating the harvest after dusk, accompanied by stilt walkers and acrobats. Swing dancing demonstration by Side Street Swing. Picnic pack-up begins.
Once again, we are opening up the amazing Harvest Noir after-party, DANCE NOIR, to guests who are not attending the chic picnic. Plan to stay up late: Dance Noir was voted one of Ottawa’s sexiest parties.
2000-0130 Dance Noir.
- 2x Canadian DMX champ DJ Shub battling DJ Acro. Battling Ottawa’s own DJ Acro with a crowd-pleasing mix of Top 40, dance music, hip hop, reggae, and classic rock will be the Juno-winning DJ Shub, former DJ & Producer for A Tribe Called Red. Winner of the Supremacy DJ Championship, DJ Shub was Canadian champion representing our nation at two DMC World Championships, as well as the Redbull Thre3Style DJ Competition in Chicago. Get down to some of the best mixing you’ll EVER experience!
- The Stan Clark Orchestra. Back by popular demand, the ultimate live big band! The Stan Clark Orchestra will be at the helm of a prohibition-era dancefloor, bringing on the classics like Duke Ellington, Count Basie, George Gershwin, Benny Goodman, Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, and, of course, Cab Calloway. Side Street Swing will be offering swing demonstrations and lessons.
- Mascarié Tribal Fusion/Belly Dance Tent Join drummers and dancers from Canada and South Africa for an evening of belly dance and tribal dance, blending the modern and the ancient in sensuous celebration. Chill out and enjoy the scenery, or join in to the beat of the drum.
- Karaoke by China Doll. Fabulous drag queen China Doll, who always has the best accessories at Harvest Noir, will be hosting our first ever DIY singing lounge. Expect the unexpected from your friends! Harvest Noir organizers Sam and Greg promise to make an appearance for a song or two.
2100 Acrobatic Parkour Demonstration.
- For those attending just Dance Noir, here’s your chance to catch Ottawa’s finest freerunners jumping, climbing, swinging, and vaulting off the sides of surfaces, all propelled by the human body – an urban and edgy athletic show.